Sunday, November 24, 2013

dmr rear ss disc hub

I'm going to be building a new rear wheel. a DMR Revolver hub screw on freewheel. I wanted to run a cassette but it was not working out. That atomlab debacle was the end. So for a hub DMR has the revolver single speed 135mm screw on freewheel .Going to be using a White Industries  trials freewheel(the green one). I know it will hold. I have used them before and they outlast every bike put them on.sun inferno 31 rim, DT spokes and nipples. Hopefully this will be the last time i need to build a wheel for this bike for a while.

I don't mind parts wearing out or failing. But when something is "durable"or "bomb proof" whats that mean? I have been hearing that's the first time that has happened every time i brake something. Usually if a part is going to fail it fails with in a few rides. Two or three. Atom lab hub for example failed after 8 her of riding.so what is the standard.who really has reliable info on parts.I'm old and fragile and i do not have an unlimited budget for a pile of back up parts.

The bicycle industry just seems to be going one way. lighter more speeds fragile parts.some of us do it a little differently. there is a group of people that ride street/park and trails on mountain bikes.11 speed chains don't like me or the way i ride.i miss my mid 90's Shimano XT. My trials bike was my trail bike and my jumper too. Now i need a trail bike and a street/trials bike and a jumper because of weak drive train parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment